CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Park Memories

To one who has been long in city pent,
'Tis very sweet to look into the fair
And open face of heaven - to breathe a prayer
Full in the smile of the blue firmament.
Who is more happy, when, with heart's content,
Fatigued he sinks into some pleasant lair
Of wavy grass, and reads a debonair
And gentle tale of love and languishment?

I made Adam go to the park with me yesterday as it was really the first warm day we've had so far this year. I wanted to go to Sugar House, to the usual spot, but we got a late start, and had to settle for somewhere in Sandy. As I sat and read my book, I couldn't help but think of all of the sunny afternoons I've spent with you ladies, reading and chatting and sun bathing. I remember the Sunday afternoons when Abby and Lis and I would sneak over to Vaughn's and get a soda and then go to this grassy spot by an elementary school and enjoy the spring/summer weather (Kimmers, I think you were on your mssion or with your folks in DC). I remember being all together in Sugar House Park discussing someone's most recent break up and reading magazines. Remember the time we used the pants I had in my car because we didn't have a blanket? Yesterday, Adam was reading Keats (he's kind of a poetry guy sometimes:) while I read something much more frivolous, and he read the above passage to me. That is how I always feel when it finally gets warm enough to go to the park and I thought I'd share it. Adam was great company, but I missed and thought of you all!

4 comments:

LT said...

What a great and romantic husband you have to read you Keats in the park.
I agree Spring is fabulous.

AB said...

Such beautiful thoughts! That poem and post made me completely miss you girls! I am glad that Jen hasn't forgotten us, even if she does have an incredibly romantic husband who reads Keats to her in the park.

JZ said...

Forget about you? Never! I should clarify that the very next day, Adam was reading a collection of Farside cartoons and spent most of the afternoon trying to download the internet onto his Wii so, I guess the romance comes and goes.

Unknown said...

I very much look forward to frolicking in Central Park with Abby this next weekend. It won't be the same without you girls and BELIEVE me, Will is no replacement. He won't be reading Keats either, sorry. He'll probably be reading something romantic like "Claudius the King" - so hot!